- Introduce yourself
- do this on our discussion forums
- Set up your development environment
- Pick a bugfix or enhancement to work on
- See What To Work On
- If you already know what you want to work on, then share your planned approach on the discussion forums
- Ensure there is a JIRA issue, if appropriate, and claim it
- If you are doing work that will be part of the shared Bahmni product (i.e. not an implementation-specific customization) then you need to ensure there is a JIRA issue to track your work.
- See Issue Tracker (JIRA). (If you're a new developer who doesn't have an account yet you will need to ask someone else to create the ticket for you.)
- Write tests and code
- continue to update people on the chat and/or discussion forums as you do the work: this avoids someone having to review a large/major change without prior warning and it lets people suggest improvements as you're doing your work.
- Submit a pull request
Reading / Videos