The Bahmni community uses publicly-accessible tools to communicate, with certain tools being better for different purposes.
The primary place to communicate about Bahmni is the Discussion Forum.
Examples of things you might want to do here:
- Introduce yourself, and what you or your organization is doing with Bahmni (on this thread)
- Suggest a product enhancement
- Get feedback on the design of a new feature
- Ask troubleshooting questions
Our Bahmni forums are hosted under the "OpenMRS Talk" discussion forums". Learn more at Email Forum for Bahmni Q&A.
For quick chat-style messages, active Bahmni contributors use Slack. We do not preserve old messages in Slack, so you should only use it for ephemeral communications, and not to record any important decisions.
Most communications are on the #community channel. There is also a #community-team channel for team organization purposes (e.g. "sick, taking today off").
- If you belong to a known organization, you may create your own account
- Otherwise you may request an account by giving us your email address and name.
- If your organization wants to create multiple slack accounts, please ask us to add your email domain
- In either case you can make the request on the discussion forums, via https://www.bahmni.org/contact-us/, or on Slack
If your org's domain is not included in the slack, then you might need an invite. Please DM on talk thread to regular members of the community.
The core team daily standup happens everyday. You may join even if you are not part of the core team, however please be mindful that the standup is meant for discussion, work-plan or agendas of the core team.
Standup time: 2:30 PM IST (Monday - Friday) - 9 am UTC
Meeting url: https://tinyurl.com/yj2wukd4
Product Architecture Team (PAT) calls
This is an intersection of product and technical thinkers, that focuses on how we want to evolve the Bahmni software product. You can find more info here
PAT calls happen 1 pm UTC every Wednesday. Weekly PAT call: https://tinyurl.com/y6kvsot7
Announcements of upcoming call agendas and call details are on https://talk.openmrs.org/c/software/bahmni.
These posts are tagged with "bahmni-pat" and you can see a history of them.
Archive of call notes: Google Drive