We will be using Github actions for our CI/CD execution.
We will be defining pipeline strategy for Infrastructure as well as for applications.
1. Infrastructure Pipeline
2. Application Pipeline
1. Infrastructure Pipeline:
For deploying & bringing up the Infrastructure on Cloud we are using IAC (Terraform).
To bring the environment UP with a single click & all security compliance below is the defined flow:
Various open source tools used:
1. Slack Bot: For Push & success notification.
2. tflint: TFLint is a framework and each feature is provided by plugins, the key features are as follows:
Find possible errors (like illegal instance types) for Major Cloud providers (AWS/Azure/GCP).
Warn about deprecated syntax, unused declarations.
Enforce best practices, naming conventions.
3. Terrascan: A static code analyser for Infrastructure as Code.
4. tfsec: tfsec uses static analysis of your terraform code to spot potential misconfigurations.
Checks for misconfigurations across all major (and some minor) cloud providers
🔘 Hundreds of built-in rules
🔘 Scans modules (local and remote)
🔘 Evaluates HCL expressions as well as literal values
🔘 Evaluates Terraform functions e.g. concat()
🔘 Evaluates relationships between Terraform resources
🔘 Compatible with the Terraform CDK
🔘 Applies (and embellishes) user-defined Rego policies
🔘 Supports multiple output formats: CLI, JSON, SARIF, CSV, CheckStyle, and JUnit.
🔘 Configurable (via CLI flags and/or config file)
🔘 Very fast, capable of quickly scanning huge repositories
🔘 Plugins for popular IDEs available (JetBrains, VSCode and Vim)
5. Terraform: An IAC tool for creations of various resources on Cloud
Flow Diagram for Infra Pipeline
NOTE: Will be updating the page as & when we enhance the process.